Job role insights
2 October 2023
2 October 2023
1 - 2 Years
Kennel Attendant seek Australia 2024 The Pets Hotel are looking for an opportunity with a difference? A role with strong emotional reward and a sense of purpose?
An opportunity has become available for an exceptional animal attendant to join our Pet Resorts Australia Team
Successful applicant must be flexible for work across a 7-day roster.
We are seeking a person who has had experience working in a similar role, someone who has STRONG canine handling skills, who has had experience in working with animals with varying temperaments and who is confident in assisting to train.
The successful applicant will have the following skills:
· Animal Husbandry- Proven animal husbandry and canine handling knowledge and experience. Cat and dog breed knowledge along with good behaviour / medical observation skills. Must be comfortable with handling dogs with varying size and temperament.
It is not enough to just “love” animals, you must also have a high level of experience within a similar industry.
· Teamwork– You must be able to work in a team environment, one where all staff members are respectful, communicate well and are able to depend on each other.
· Communication & Customer Service – Must have sound customer service experience along with exceptional communication skills.
· Physical ability / Time management – This role is physically demanding, must have a “can do” attitude and be prepared to work in all weather conditions. The position is fast paced and requires everyone to be able to manage their time and priorities to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
Key Selection Criteria
· Strong Animal handling & training skills
· Strong understanding of reading & understanding dog behaviour
· Knowledge of cleaning and infection control procedures
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Team skills, and a positive loyal attitude
· Client communication skills
· Basic computer skills
· Current VIC driver’s license
Role duties & responsibilities
· Husbandry and handling of animals.
· Customer Service
· Monitor and report animal health.
· Upkeep and clean the facilities.
· Work in a team .
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER THAT ADDRESSES THE KEY SELECTION CRITERIA.
Your application will include the following questions:
Do you have customer service experience?
How many years’ experience do you have as a Kennel Attendant?
Interested in this job?
148 days left to apply