Job role insights
10 January 2024
10 January 2024
3 - 5 Years
indeed qatar jobs Shopkeeper Retail IKEA qatar jobs 2024 The Job Keeper is responsible for optimizing sales, profitability and development of the market Hall business in order to strengthen IKEA’s position as the ‘Top of the Mind’ Home Furnishing Store in the local market. Responsibilities include leading the Market Hall Co-workers, providing support and developing them in order to create a strong and vital daily commercial drive in the Market Hall whilst ensuring the presence of the proven IKEA retail system.
What you will do
Ensure the store is in a pristine condition at all times and has a strong commercial basic level in your business area during all opening hours (4basics as per IKEA standard).
Together with the Com & In department you secure that the IKEA store provides a commercial range presentation in your business area and that customers perceive IKEA as a competent home furnishing specialist.
Planning and implement commercial calendar of the year.
Improve ease of shopping in the store by efficiently working with mechanical sale tools.
To be a Product Knowledge expert to ensure the highest level of Customer Service.
Together with the Commercial team you ensure that sales forecasts of all products in your BA are adapted to the sales pattern so that the ordering process of goods leads to a healthy stock situation.
You phase in and out range continuously during the year.
Your secure that all products in your Business Area are displayed according to the merchandising basics (clean, price tag, well assemble, no damage) during all opening hours.
To achieve the customer satisfaction goals set by the Market hall Sales Manager for your area (measured by IKEA Brand Capital and CSI)
People Management and Development
- To manage the selection, training and development programs for new co-workers.
- To participate in the recruitment and selection of the sales co-workers when vacancies arise.
- To ensure working methods, basic action routines and range information are understood and carried out in order to achieve objectives.
- Motivating the sales staff towards achievement of work objectives. Support the team to achieve their objectives by ensuring they understand the company business plan and objectives.
- Be Train the Trainer for the department and ensure all the co-workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings.
- Act as Payroll administrator and be a super user for the Staff Management System and generate the schedules using the system. Monitor attendance of the sales co-workers and monitor
- sickness and other absences levels.
- Provide the Showroom Sales Manager with feedback and their recommendations during the Probationary period reviews and annually reviews for the staff in the customer service department.
- Coach, co-ordinate and communicate with Sales Co-worker in order to consistently improve sales.
Required skills to be successful
- Customer Focussed
- Individual Accountability
- Continuous Improvement
- Personal Leadership
What equips you for the role
4 to 5 years Retail Supervisory Experience.
Good communication and interpersonal skills
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference
Interested in this job?
49 days left to apply