Job role insights
22 February 2024
23 March 2024
1 - 2 Years
Recruitment Officer jobs reed uk 2024 Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust is a Mental Health Trust and, given the nature this post, may include exposure to distressing information and circumstances.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Advise and instruct managers on the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) process underlining the importance of ensuring that all employees working with children and vulnerable adults complete a DBS form, liaising directly with candidates and employees to ensure the documentation is completed correctly. Notify managers when clearance is received and ensure that ESR is accurately updated.
- Deal with enquiries from people both internally and externally looking for change/new employment.
- Act on own initiative, complying with HR procedures seeking advice from Recruitment Manager when necessary.
- Follow the six NHS Employers Standard Employment Checks and the Recruitment and DBS policy.
- Contribute and provide advice on changes to the Recruitment Policy and procedures.
- Ensure that there are sufficient stocks of relevant literature available for sending out with contracts.
- Provide cover duties for other Recruitment staff on occasions of annual leave, sickness etc.
- Represent Trust at Job Fairs and Recruitment Exhibitions.
You’ll learn the following whilst working at the trust:
- An in depth understanding of the roles and responsibilities involved in working within the NHS
- Knowledge of the systems used, to effectively complete your role to the highest standard at all times
- A sense of teamwork, gained through working alongside and supporting colleagues from all levels, within the organisation
You’ll have the following skills/experience:
- Excellent communication skills- both verbal and written
- Microsoft office skills- Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Previous admin experience
- Previous NHS experience (desirable)
- This role may require you to show evidence of vocational level 3 qualification or at least 2 years administration experience.
As a member of NHS Professionals, you have fantastic benefits:
- Competitive pay rates- work this week, get paid next week
- Essential support when you need it- 24/7 365 days- call us anytime
- Multi locational- work across neighbouring Trusts
- Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go- access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Varied working options to suit your lifestyle- access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or longer-term placements
- Training and development opportunities- Keep up with the essentials and more
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work- your work life balance is important to us
- Stakeholder pension scheme available- a flexible future for you and yours
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in place to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities’ organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants form a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
NHS Professionals manage your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website.
Interested in this job?
24 days left to apply