Job role insights
15 January 2024
15 January 2024
6 - 9 Years
seek jobs nz Assistant Accountant 2024 The Travel Corporation are looking for an out-going Assistant Accountant to join our Auckland based Finance team on a permanent, full-time basis.
You’ll be a part of the accounts team for The Travel Corporation (TTC) travel brands including Contiki, Trafalgar, Insight Vacations, AAT Kings and Uniworld Boutique River Cruises for the Aotearoa New Zealand market. We are expanding our Finance team to meet the growing demands of our business. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fun work environment where innovation and creativity thrive.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare monthly management reporting.
- Assist in budgeting, reforecasts, and variance reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of Statutory Financial reporting and liaising with external auditors during the year-end audit.
- Prepare cash reports and forecasts.
- Preparation of GST and FBT returns.
- Analyse product margins and report findings.
- Manage intercompany transactions and reconciliations.
- Build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and recommend improvements to processes and control procedures.
- Support the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
What you’ll bring:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in accounting (preferable).
- Experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience with Oracle ERP and Salesforce would be desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to look outside the finance function to understand the business and find opportunities to add value for internal and external stakeholders.
Benefits & Perks
- A fun and collaborative work environment.
- Opportunities for growth and development.
- Based in Eden Terrace, with some work-from-home flexibility.
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including staff travel benefits and EAP.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 2 days per calendar year to volunteer for organisations around Aotearoa New Zealand
Interested in this job?
44 days left to apply