Job role insights
22 February 2024
23 March 2024
1 - 2 Years
Office Assistant Full time Remote jobs canada 2024 This position is one of the first points of contact between the practice and the patient. This position is responsible for creating a friendly, welcoming, calm, and efficient environment for the practice. The Office Assistant serves patients with poise and compassion, fields phone calls, answers questions, schedules appointments, registers patients, updates EMR and represents the entire practice every time there is interaction.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Generous PTO Package
- Employee Wellness Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Parental Leave
- Work & Life Balance
- 403b match and more…
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules appointments with awareness of insurance, provider, and practice location
- Greets and interacts with patients in a professional manner to collect required demographic and financial information.
- Processes/verifies referral information and eligibility for insurance reimbursement as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of workplace & patient information
- Collects payments according to insurance requirements
- Verify insurance coverage & coordinates referrals
- Performs day-end reconciliation of appointments & payments received
- Answers all phone calls in a professional manner and relays accurate messages
- Accurately relays and responds to messages
- Communicate with provider and staff through EMR.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Experience In a Medical Office Setting Preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Interested in this job?
24 days left to apply