Job role insights
3 October 2023
3 October 2023
3 - 5 Years
Research Specialist Level 2 jobs in Qatar 2024 Working under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) or more senior staff on sponsored research projects performs standard and some non-standard laboratory procedures and provides routine technical laboratory support for a Research Faculty.
- Performs a variety of non-standard cell tissue assays, culture preparation and or analyses; prepares buffers, solutions and media
- Operates, calibrates and performs routine maintenance on standard and specialized laboratory equipment
- Provides assistance in manipulating and analyzes data using complex statistical computer software
- Prepares and maintains detailed records, logs and summary reports of all procedures and results including graphs, scientific calculations and statistical analysis charting, including timely
- data entry into the Laboratory Information Management System
- Responsible for Quality Control and Assurance of samples, reagents, and data. Ensures laboratory compliance to all guidelines and standards of WCM-NY and WCM-Q
- Cleans and maintains laboratory hygiene, disposes of laboratory waste
- Orders laboratory supplies, maintains laboratory equipment and related records, expenditures, including inventory control and material receipt
- Develops and documents methods to improve processes in the laboratory
- Assists in the review and development of new laboratory standard operating procedures
- Cross trains on equipment, coordinates vacations, etc with other team members to ensure smooth lab flow
- Bachelor’s Degree
Basic computer experience required for data entry and troubleshooting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previously exhibited individual initiative
- Previously demonstrated basic proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Previously demonstrated ability to communicate in both scientific written reports and professional presentations
- Basic written and or spoken Arabic language skills desirable
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
May require extended and varying work hours to meet demands. Work is approximately 60% is computer based, 40% lab based. May require extended and varying work hours to meet demands. Work may include using chemical substances requiring careful use and the use of protective devices and clothing.
Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar was established in 2001 as a partnership between Cornell University and Qatar Foundation (QF). The first medical school in Qatar and a pioneer of coeducation at the university level, WCM-Q offers an integrated Six-Year Medical Program that incorporates pre-medical and medical studies and leads to the Cornell University M.D. degree.
Teaching is by Cornell and Weill Cornell faculty, including physicians at Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) who hold Weill Cornell appointments. Enrollment has grown rapidly from 25 first-year pre-medical students in the fall of 2002 to over 300 students from more than 30 countries today.
- to provide the finest education possible for medical students
- to conduct research at the cutting edge of knowledge
- to improve healthcare both now and for future generations
- to provide the highest quality of care to the community
WCM-Q’s home city is Doha, a thriving cosmopolitan metropolis with a culturally diverse population, a rapidly growing economy, and modern infrastructure. WCM-Q is a member of Qatar Foundation, a not-for-profit organization with multiple centers focused on education, research and innovation, and community development. WCM-Q is located within Education City, the flagship development of QF, which occupies more than 12 square kilometers and is home to some of the world’s leading educational institutions, including Hamad Bin Khalifa University, and overseas campuses of elite universities, such as VCUarts Qatar, Texas A&M University at Qatar, Northwestern Qatar, Georgetown University in Qatar, Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar, and HEC Paris in Qatar.
Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.
Interested in this job?
148 days left to apply