Job role insights
25 September 2023
25 September 2023
1 - 2 Years
Cashier Canada jobs 2024 Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
The Cashier is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Cashier will provide customers with friendly and professional service; and will process customer orders in an efficient manner. The Cashier will ensure accurate cash-handling procedures at all times through company practices, and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Process customer transactions
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- Operates Customer Service Desk following all procedures for lottery sales, refunds, bottle returns and inquiries as required
- Participates in the training of junior staff
- Maintain Front End Department Merchandise the Front End Department
- Assist other departments and functions as required
- Adhere to, and implement all applicable company standards
- Other duties as required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply